Thursday, September 2, 2010

Nicole in InStyle UK , October 2010- highlits of the interview

As I already informed you, Nicole Richie is the cover star for InStyle UK's October 2010 issue.
On the cover the designer wears a Winter Kate Duke vest and a Valentino fall 2010 blouse.
I really like her look, it's not often we get to see her looking polished.

Here are some extracts from her interview:
On her fiancé Joel:
And then there’s Joel. Their engagement was made public by a Twitter confirmation in February, although it happened long before then. “Yeah, we’ve been engaged for a while so your [sic] all kind of late on that. But thanks for the hoopla all the same,” Joel tweeted. Nicole says that the wedding is still on and, of course, she’s excited.

On her past:
Nicole doesn’t see the point of dwelling on what went before. Nor does she blame anyone else for her past mistakes. “One thing about me is that I’ve always taken responsibility for my own actions whether they’re good or bad. Even when I was going through my tough time, that was a situation that I created. People ask me, do I blame Hollywood or my parents? No I don’t blame my parents. It had nothing to do with them. I created it and manifested it and I got myself through it with the help of a lot of great people.”
Nicole doesn’t seem one for tortured self-analysis – a favoured pastime of the Hollywood A-list – and it’s refreshing.
When I look back at old photos, I’m able to laugh at myself, in the same way I can show my dad  [Lionel Richie, who, with his then-wife Brenda, took Nicole in at two and adopted her when she was nine] a picture of himself when he was in The Commodores with the Afro and the bell bottoms and he’s like, ‘Oh baby, that’s so funny’.”

On her various tattoos and her regrets:
There is little she regrets, although for the first time she’s reconsidering some of the body graffiti that dates back to her teens. There are nine tattoos in all. Not all of them, in hindsight, were a brilliant idea. “I’m a Virgo and the sign is a virgin,” she explains. “So when I was 16, I got the word virgin tattooed on my wrist, thinking I was sooo deep and cool. And now I just look really weird having virgin written across my wrist and I have to explain it.”

On being a domestic goddess:
She does, she says, do most of the cooking in the Madden-Richie household and her diet isn’t anything more special than “home-cooked and very, very healthy... and made with love”.
She mentions having a home full of people and throwing dinner parties. Has she turned into a domestic goddess? “Well, I don’t have a hat and apron... but I entertain at home a lot. I love cooking for other people.  

On her pregnancy and kids:
Did pregnancy change her relationship with her body? “No,” she says, but the mention of her children has her animated. “Being pregnant with Harlow was easy. I was wearing heels for eight months. I never got sick and I was like, ‘Oh, what are people talking about?’ But with Sparrow, I was so sick. And my feet were swelling. They were polar opposite pregnancies.”

Two-year-old Harlow is already showing an inherited passion for fashion. “She picks her own clothes. It’s a 20-minute thing – it begins at 7.30 each morning – but it is what it is and it’s fine,” she smiles with a mock roll of her eyes. Other than that, family life is only referred to in general terms. She mentions having a home full of people and throwing dinner parties.
Nicole wears a pair of shearling-lined aviator boots from Burberry Prorsum's fall 2010 collection

Nicole in a Valentino embroidered silk blouse and Christian Louboutin "Tinazata" cutout boots

To read the full story go buy InStyle magazine on newsstands now.
Click HERE to see a behind-the-scenes video of Nicole Richie's photoshoot for InStyle UK's October 2010 issue

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how interesting!

Style Blvd said...

Shes so gorgeous....good read...thanks

Style Blvd