Thursday, June 10, 2010

Winter Kate and House of Harlow 1960 fall/winter 2010-11 London launch

Last night, June 9, Nicole Richie launched in London her House of Harlow 1960 and Winter Kate fall/winter 2010- 11 collections.
"I'm a busy working mother. I'm all for what's comfortable but I don't think people today make enough effort with what they wear. At the same time I don't want to have to get out of bed early to decide what to put on. My jackets are my favourite part of my collection because you can just throw one on over jeans and a vest and it looks like you've made an effort", she told Vogue UK.
Nicole and My-Wardrobe hosted an exclusive dinner at London's Soho House to celebrate the unveiling of both ranges.
In an intimate setting, 20 of London’s top fashion writers, stylists and editors chatted to Nicole about the success of both her labels. The guests sipped on champagne and dined on a luxurious 3 course feast including tiger prawns with chilli and garlic, corn fed chicken and a chocolate marquis for dessert.
The designer talked about her inspirations and the expansion of her accessories line:
"I was walking around the other day and I saw this woman wearing this great hat and I thought actually that'd make a really good bag so we turned it upside down and now it's a great looking bag," Nicole said. "Handbags and sunglasses are the area I really hope to expand on. I'm a real handbag girl. I couldn't cope without my Balenciaga- it comes everywhere with me."
Nicole looked amazing wearing Winter Kate fall 2010 "Victoire" dress and a Simone by Katie Nehra leather jacket.
I also love her hairstyle.
Nicole also shared the reason she became a brunette, explaining that as her body changed during her pregnancy she felt "too LA" being blonde with a large bust...so she changed to be a brunette! She said she is a true blonde underneath and will be going back soon.









source & source

4 comments:

Elena S. said...

your blog is awesome- i love seeing nicole in different outfits!!
i am now following you! it would be great if you follow me back
elena
www.fashionisinspiration.blogspot.com

FashionHippieLoves said...

she's amazing!

X

Mimi said...

She looks so gorgeous! I love her brunette and love the care free braid in her messy hair.

Hope all is well, miss you love!

xo xo

FotoholiC* said...

Hey im here juts to let you know that Mary-Kate Olsen was spotted wearing the very same jacket that nicole is wearing in this photos. Same details, pocket belt and all... Here a link from May 29: http://olsensobsessive.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1932&pos=9

I dont know who is by...