Thursday, April 23, 2009

Nicole's interviews in Canada

Before signing autographs and posing for photos with fans Nicole spent her day in Toronto talking to the Canadian media.
Nicole Richie could be a poster girl for rehab.
The one-time heroin addict-turned-yummy mummy is smiling sweetly in one of the private shopping suites at Holt Renfrew's Bloor St. flagship store.
She has come to town to promote House of Harlow 1960, the jewellery collection named after her year-old daughter with Joel Madden, lead singer of the rock band Good Charlotte.
Last night, 400 guests were invited to celebrate with Richie in the revamped Contemporary department on the third floor.
Mannequins dressed in peasanty, Richie-flavoured frocks, displayed her domed leather and crystal rings, starburst pendants and studded leather gladiator cuffs, priced from $25.

"This is the first thing I've done that's been all me," she declares with pride. "Everything else I've done has been in television. This is my design, my creation, my vision. "
Richie, 27, has been heralded as one of Hollywood's new style icons for her boho élan. That is evident even though she is curled up in a chair with her lean legs, obscured by black Wolford tights, tucked under her tush. A black and gold crocheted tunic hugs her rounded belly, which holds her second child, due in August. Absurdly high Christian Louboutin pumps have been kicked off and are sensibly "taking a break" beside her chair.

Richie's lows have been well-documented: rehab at 21, a drunk driving conviction for which she served 82 minutes in jail, and a public feud with The Simple Life co-star Paris Hilton. But Richie is here to talk about her achievements in the world of fashion.
Her collection, created with 18th-century fine jewellery house Mouawad, is inspired by her own vintage costume collection.
"I've been collecting jewellery my whole life," she says. "Like every little girl, I played with my mom's jewellery. When I got older she started giving me things. Then I started going to flea markets when I travel. I have a pretty extensive collection."
In terms of era and mood, she says her collection is "very eclectic. I like big chunky jewellery and jewellery that you can layer."

Her own designs are very '60s and '70s, hence the 1960 on her label, Richie says. For our interview, she wore stacks of Aztec-patterned bracelets and rings, a gold metal locket, a geometric bib and a leather and metal starburst ring that is bigger than a poker chip. "I wanted the jewellery to be huge because that's what I wear," she says.
And working in nonprecious materials means that the oversized designs can remain well-priced.
"I'm not one to spend a ton of money on jewellery," Richie notes. "I don't wear a lot of diamonds in my everyday life, so it wouldn't make a lot of sense for me to do that for everyone else."

Another chapter in Richie's life opens today when she lands in Montreal to begin working on a clothing, accessory and footwear collection with Majestic Mills, which manufactures some 175 brands including hip Ernest Sewn Jeans. Richie's collection will be sold under the House of Harlow 1960 label. But if big sister Harlow gets her own fashion brand, what's in store for Baby No. 2?
"Wait and see," Richie says with a smile.

Here's a video interview with ctv.ca
Watch the video HERE

source & source

No comments: