Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Joel's opinions

You need to read this because it's very funny. I agree with pretty much everything he said.

Of all the content we create for WhoWhatWear.com, the most polarized reactions and unpredictable responses always stem from a single story—A Guy’s Opinion. Despite the controversy, we think it’s interesting to hear another perspective on fashion and we applaud the brave fellows who bare their brains in front of our readers.
On that note, our latest dude du jour, Joel Madden, is particularly well equipped to stand up in front of any audience. As the lead singer of Good Charlotte, we figured Madden’s seen his share of great and ghastly personal style and would be able to articulate what he likes the ladies to wear. Even though he’s currently on the road, wrapping up the US tour for the band’s latest album, Good Morning Revival (New Yorkers, they’re playing at Roseland tonight), Madden still took the time to break down five outfits for WhoWhatWear.com. We love that he’s clearly aware of the latest looks (as you’d expect from a man who’s dating fashion daredevil and delight, Nicole Richie), but doesn’t blindly endorse trends just because they’re current. Read on for his pop culturally astute point of view (and a sweet disclaimer)...
Of course, it goes without saying that I’m no fashion editor. I’m just a redneck from southern Maryland. All these girls seem very nice and are really pretty, so just because I don’t like their outfits, that doesn’t mean they’re not cool people—obviously.
Look 1
This outfit looks like something my fourth grade teacher would have worn on a field trip. Don't get me wrong; if my fourth grade teacher looked like this, I would have been stoked. But still, it’s a little old. I like high-waisted shorts, but not when they’re so loose and baggy. The shorts would look better if they were tighter and you could see her hourglass figure.
Look 2
I don’t like her outfit. It looks like something John Cusack’s character in Say Anything would have worn, if he was a girl who liked booty shorts. I do like the wingtips though; I just don’t like them with her socks and cut-offs. I think they would look better with pants.
Look 3
Her bag, the jacket, and her top are all great, but the skirt is just weird. I know high-waisted stuff is really in right now, but I think everyone’s overusing it. I love her black fingernails, but not the socks and shoes. Her whole outfit would have been better with something basic, like a pair of Chucks or Vans.
Look 4
Well, my girlfriend is going to hate me for saying this, but this look reminds me of her style—especially the headband and bunches of beads. She’s also going to hate me for saying this, but I don’t like when girls wear leggings. Anyway, going back to the headband, this one looks like you’re supposed to wear it with a flapper dress. I would dig a different headband style, like maybe a scarf? Yeah, a scarf would look better with this outfit. Also, I wish all Balenciaga bags could be thrown into a big hole and buried forever.
Look 5
The jeans are cool and very seventies with the brown belt. She looks like it's 1979, I mean that in a good way, a sexy way. The tight top is nice because it shows her body off since she's wearing bigger pants. I also like how all of the accessories are mismatched. The jacket throws everything off, though. It has a military vibe that just doesn’t fit with the rest of the outfit. I think it would have looked better with just the cardigan. I also think the hat looks like a chinchilla—it’s just a weird choice. So if you take off the hat and the blazer, I like this outfit.
source

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'd like to know when joel became the fashion diva? he needs a stylest himself

Mary said...

I don't like his style but he's hilarious

Anonymous said...

nicoles going to have to change her whole wardrobe now, lol

Moonie said...

lol jajaja a teacherrrr she looks like a teacher!
lol goog post!
rock on!
Prue

Anni said...

Well I think Joel has awesome style :>

Anonymous said...

i dont agree with the fact that he thinks balenciaga bags need to be banished! those bags are amazing and its nice to see nicole doesn't agree with him either :)